We are in the middle of powder season which means that you have to be ready to get out there on the slopes whenever conditions are prime. Get outfitted for the slopes and save yourself the stress of being at the resort without the needed gear with this checklist from 3 Rad Kids!
What to Pack for a Trip to the Slopes
Before you think of anything, including skis or snowboards, you need to ensure that you are ready to be out in the elements. Think about where and when you are going. Is it midwinter or late spring? What are the conditions? Sunny? Snowing? Windy? For winter sports you will want to make sure to have extra warm clothing with lots of layers. In spring, you can likely leave those heavy layers at home.
Pro Tip: Always bring extra layers as you can take off or add more layers if the weather changes.
- Waterproof base-layer
- Fleece-lined jacket or coat
- Long johns, if it’s super cold
- Heavy wool socks
- Balaclava, neck gaiter, or skullcap
- Mid layer such as a hoodie, long sleeve shirt, fleece jacket, etc.
- Heavy coat, such as an insulated ski jacket
- Snowboard/ski pants
- Gloves or mittens
- Hat /Helmet
Now that you have the proper clothing for your winter adventure, the next step is to get the gear that you need to shred the pow-pow!
Whether you rent or buy is up to you, but ensure that you have the proper length board/skis before heading out to the chairlift!
To rent or to buy? Rent skis Or Lease-To-Own: Which Is A Better Option?
You’re only as good as your gear! Lease-to-own professional quality snow gear with 3 Rad Kids. Fill out our easy application today!
- Do you have the correct sized board/skis for your height/weight?
- Are your skis or snowboard waxed with the correct wax for the conditions? Ex: You need harder wax in colder temps.
- Snowboard boots: Are the laces unworn?
- Ski boots: Do the buckles and clips work?
- Ski poles: Do a once over and make sure there are no noticeable cracks or broken clamps.
- Helmet to keep your noggin safe!
- Goggles: There’s nothing worse than having the wind blowing in your eyes on the slopes. Make sure to use a high-quality pair that won’t scratch or fog up!
- Multi-tool: Good to have if you are far from the lodge and your gear gets loose!
- Wax: Just in case you need to re-wax while on the slopes.
Don’t forget to bring these items in your pack for a day or a week on the slopes:
- Pain relievers because you never know when you might biff it hard.
- You’re going to be out in the sun all day, in reflective snow. Yep. You’ll need sunblock.
- Lip balm. Your lips can get chapped from the cold wind!
For a trip to the slopes, you need a lot of gear. From beanies to socks and everything in-between, you have to keep it all organized. Make sure you don’t forget the essentials and print out this checklist so you’ll be ready the next time the snow beckons…
Get Outfitted With 3 Rad Kids
Thinking that a snowboard or set of skis will forever be out of your reach? Think again! 3 Rad Kids makes it easy to lease-to-own the best of the best ski and snowboard gear so you can get out in the powder more quickly! Quit stalling your progression by using sub-par equipment. Order the best gear today with our easy to use lease-to-own program. Apply today!
image courtesy of adventurejunkies.com